Saturday, February 5, 2011

Blue Spring Creek Fishing Report

February  5, 2011
Last night we got four inches of fresh snow to cover the eight inches we already had on the ground. After being cooped up in the house for the last week. I decided snow or not, I was going fishing. I decided to hit Blue Spring Creek outside of Bourbon. Fishing was just about normal for BSC. I landed six small rainbows. Each about four to five inches long. Even with the leaves off I spent much of my time in the brush and trees along the stream. I really should be more careful about my backcast.
Blue Spring Creek - 02/05/2011
I did notice something interesting about one of the small trout I caught. The spots on the side looked different. It had angled or irregular spots while the rest all has rounded spots
Angled Spots on the side
These two have rounded spots.
Fly of choice...#20 dry gray mayfly or a #18 olive midge


No comments:

Post a Comment