Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Training Wheel and the PINK SQUIRREL

Once again I have proven myself to be one of the world's worst Bloggers. It seems like I get side tracked and never find time to post anything new. I would love to be able to blame my wife and all the honey-do projects she gives me or the office for all the overtime they give me, but in reality the blame is all me. I have writers block or I drink too much wine and get writer block from the wine I am not sure which.

I have been spending time at the tying table getting ready for our trip to the Driftless Area in Minnesota this summer. I tied up a bunch of what they call the "Training Wheel." This pattern came from the Driftless Angler in Viroqua, WI.  Great hopper pattern for anywhere in the Mid-west.  There is also the Pink Squirrels. Tied  few of those. You have to believe.

One of the really cool thing about heading up the Minnesota this summer is we get to hook up with some great friends that I have not seen scene the mid-1980's. I am looking forward to that. CAN'T WAIT!


Training Wheel

Of course now that spring is approaching it will be even harder to slow down and BLOG, I have a yard that needs work and several upcoming fly fishing and tying classes, but I will try my best.

Enjoy,
Boot


No comments:

Post a Comment